There are two simple keys to performing the duties of a volunteer. The first is to be physically able to complete all tasks required. Our volunteers may stand for long periods of time or may need to assist a patron in an emergency. And as you will see when you attend the training, we do a substantial amount of walking up and down stairs. It is vitally important for all volunteers to be physically prepared to perform all aspects of their assignments. The second key is a positive attitude! Simple! The volunteers are the face of OPAS and play a vital role in a patron's experience. We must be courteous and polite to all patrons under any and all circumstances
Traits required for all volunteers of OPAS include:
• At least 18 years of age
• Special interest and enthusiasm for the performing arts
• Demonstrates and enforces appropriate performance protocol
• Has a serious willingness to serve all patrons of the Rudder Theatre complex with care and respect
• Displays a high level of congeniality in greeting and seating performance guests
• Reflects a professional demeanor in the execution of all volunteer responsibilities
Interested persons should sign up here.
Or call Shanna Wright at 979-845-1661.